Updated July 5, 2018
Essential information we collect
In operating our store, it is essential for us to capture some information about your device, such as your IP address and information related to your visit when you browse our store. For example, this might include time-stamp, the last page or product you visited, the indication that you logged in. We do that in order to:
- remember who you are after you log in so that you do not need to authenticate at each click;
- monitor if our website is running with the high performance we are dedicated to providing;
- let you browse between products without having to start back from the home page at each click;
- remember if you put something in your shopping cart before you decide to checkout; and control that your data is processed securely.
Order information you expressly provide
If you buy something from our store, we will need more specific information about you. To fully process your order and ship the merchandise you selected, we need your personal data such as your first and last name, your email address and your shipping and billing address. We also use your contact and order information to send you communication related to the processing of your order. We will ask you to provide this information in our “checkout page” before letting you finalize your purchase with the payment.
If you have started to buy one of our products, but have not completed the purchase, you may have provided partial information, such as your email. In that case, we might send you an email to remind you about your interest. If you are not comfortable in receiving further emails of this kind, we will give you a simple opportunity to opt-out. Your privacy means a lot to us and we will stop sending you these communications right away.
If you have completed a purchase, we may send you an email to ask you to review the product you bought. We want to be sure that whether you love your purchase or have a complaint, you can share your opinion with other customers.
We also use some specific information related to your visit, such as the timestamp of your visit, the page or the product you viewed, where you are coming from (if you came to our store because you clicked on an advertisement or you just opened our direct link). This is very similar to the “essential information,” but we use it to provide you with a personalized experience. The information on your visit provides us with insights on your interests and allows us to send you relevant communications. We capture this information through cookies, called a "beacon.” You may be able to block cookies through your browser, but your experience using this website will be degraded.
How do we process your information?
We use an external provider to run our store. The company is based in the US and is committed to providing best-in-class service and data protection. We also may use other external providers to provide the most competitive services. For example:
- Payment: Our store is PCI-DSS compliant (a very strict industry standard with requirements for the security of credit card information), but we want to use accredited companies to process your credit card information. PayPal is the processor we use in this store.
- Shipping: We facilitate delivery of items through the United States Postal Service. On occasion, we may even deliver the item directly to you instead of using the USPS.
Partnering with highly specialized external companies allows us to focus on what we do best: selling great products.
How can you control your personal data?
- You have the right to have inaccurate, incomplete or new information we hold about you corrected / changed. If you believe any of the information we hold is inaccurate, or out of date, please contact us by either email, phone, or postal mail using the contact information found at the bottom of this document and the bottom of the website.
- You have a right to ask us to restrict the processing of some, or all of your personal information. You will need to contact us by either phone, email, or postal mail using the contact information found in numerous places in this document.
- You may ask us to delete some, or all of your personal information. In most cases (subject to certain exceptions) we will do so as far as we are required to. We may ask for further information and/or evidence of identity. We will plan to respond fully to all requests within one month (or less) of receipt of your request, however if we are unable to do so we will contact you with reasons for the delay. Please note that exceptions apply to a number of these rights, and not all rights will be applicable in all circumstances.
How long do we keep your data?
We keep your data for as long as you have an account with us. We also keep some data for security investigation. Most importantly, we have specific obligations for fraud detection and tax reasons. Therefore, we might need to retain certain data even if you ask to delete it
Do we have any legal obligations when handling your data?
Many. We might need to share your personal information to comply with applicable legal obligations. We might need to keep, or share your information for tax purposes. In all cases we will handle your data with the utmost care and concern.
Who can you reach out to for privacy matters?
You can contact our Data Privacy Leader here:
PO Box 1721 Pelham, AL 35124